1. Barb passed along a story about Oregon parents being upset with a month-long unit on Islam which included having youngsters dress in "traditional Islamic dress." Go here.
2. Tiffany D. encounters a blogger who has become conversant and opinionated about home education after watching one episode of that intellectual powerhouse known as "Wife Swap."
And Tiff wants to know if I've browsed the "Homeschool Alumni" site. Nope, but now I will.
3. Doug lists several facts about the Duggars (scroll down to Sept. 28) including: all the kiddos learn to play the piano and violin; the family washes 200 loads of laundry per month; Mr. Duggar (Jim Bob) was the victim of an armed robbery several years ago. Wow!
4. Homeschool dad Russ Reeves isn't amused to discover a well-known family-values activist, wedded to a theology prof., who encourages other like-minded activists to engage in shifty tactics.
5. Ingrid Schlueter, who works in Christian Radio, opines that crude-talking Amy Grant, mother of four, should be crossed off the 'role model' list after this acceptance speech. (HT: On Grant clip to Dominion Cindy.)
6. The current issue of Home Educator's Family Times is available.
7. The Intelligencer-Journal is offering interested parties the opportunity to leave a condolence message to the Amish families of Bart Township.